EB-1C Visa

EB 1C Visa

An immigrant visa designed to provide multi-national companies with the option to transfer executives, managers, and specialized knowledge personnel to U.S. affiliated company. The U.S. affiliated company does not have to come from the same industry.

The EB 1C visa is similar to the L-1A visa; however, the L-1A is a temporary nonimmigrant visa. L-1A visa holders can petition for the EB-1C permanent visa and subsequently apply for an Adjustment of Status in the U.S. If the individuals are outside the U.S., the processing can also be done abroad at a U.S. consulate after the EB-1C petition has been approved.

The individual must be employed in a similar Managerial/Executive rank at the U.S. affiliate. It is recommended for these companies to provide 15-20+ American jobs and have professional employees underneath the EB 1C visa holder.

The individual must have been working at the affiliate abroad for at least one (1) continuous year in the past three (3) years in a Manager, Executive, or Specialized Knowledge capacity.

The U.S. company must have been conducting business for at least one (1) full year.

* The content on this website is informational only and general in nature. Please consult a licensed immigration attorney for advice about your individual situation.


Affiliated business abroad does not need to be in the same industry as the U.S. company.
EB-1C beneficiary can obtain green card for themselves, their spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years old.
Approved Labor Certification is not required unlike many employment-based visa classifications.


Higher level of scrutiny by U.S. government.
Must demonstrate need for Manager/ Executive after one year of operation in U.S.
Professional employees reporting to the petitioner.
Multi-level management structure (at least three tiers).

* This information is meant as a reference and it is always  advised to consult  with an immigration attorney